“LOGIS HOTELS GROUP” PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY CHARTER
Last modified: 14th September 2021
The Logis Hotels Group is made up of 2,200 independent hotel-restaurants across Europe.
The Logis Hotels Group provides its customers (individuals and professionals) with specific services (website, loyalty programme, newsletters, etc.) and most importantly an online booking centre on the www.logishotels.com website and via the mobile app available on IOS and Android. This Booking Centre is managed by Logis International Services (LIS), a subsidiary of the Fédération Internationale des Logis (FIL.
In this context, the FIL and the LIS (Logis Hotels Group) have decided to draft this charter in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations (EU Regulation 2016/79) in force since 25 May 2018.
The purpose of this Charter is to define the personal data protection policy for customers in the Logis Hotels Group and is an integral part of the general terms and conditions that govern the Group’s services. Therefore, by accepting our general terms and conditions, you expressly accept the provisions of this Charter.
THE LOGIS HOTELS GROUP’S COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
We value your privacy
You place your trust in us when you use Logis Hotels Group services and we find it very important to keep it. To this end, we do everything in our power to protect and secure all the personal data you share with us. We act in the best interests of our customers.
This document explains, in a clear and transparent way, how we use and process your personal data, so that you can easily understand our approach.
In addition, we will tell you how to contact us if you have any questions about your personal data, and we would be happy to clarify this for you.
By “personal data” we mean any information that directly or indirectly identifies a customer.
This may be nominal data (surname, first name, address, email, date of birth, etc.) or else data which enables us to identify customer profiles (hobbies, etc.) and therefore to send you personalised offers.
The Logis Hotels Group undertakes to respect six (6) fundamental principles of the aforementioned European Regulation, which constitute the main rules applicable to our processing of personal data:
1. Transparency: when collecting and processing your personal data, we will inform you of the purpose and recipients of your data.
2. Legitimacy: we will collect and process your personal data only for the purposes described in this Charter.
3. Relevance and accuracy: we only collect the personal data we need to process the data. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we keep is accurate and up to date.
4. Storage: we store your personal data for as long as necessary to process the data in accordance with the requirements of the law.
5. Access, rectification, opposition: you are able to access, modify, correct or delete your personal data. Information on managing your rights can be found in paragraph 8 “Exercising your rights”.
2. WHAT IS YOUR DATA USED FOR?
The Logis Hotels Group only collects and uses data about you for specific purposes that are limited to what is necessary for you, namely:
1. Customer relationship management (in the context of booking stays via the logishotels.com website and, in particular, the management of any complaints following a stay)
2. Business relationship management (newsletters, competitions, promotions, surveys, prospects, contacts, online advertising, etc.);
3. Management of the “ETIK” loyalty programme,
4. Measuring visitor statistics for customers of establishments in the Logis Hotels Group as a whole (anonymised);
5. Improving our services by carrying out studies after satisfaction surveys have been submitted, and managing customer opinions;
6. Management of potential requests from you to exercise your rights
In the case of bookings, this processing is necessary for the performance of a contract.
Other aspects of business relationship management pertain to the legitimacy of developing a business activity, offering promotional and personalised benefits to our customers, providing solutions in response to customer requests or evaluating the quality and satisfaction of the services offered.
3. WHAT DATA IS USED?
We collect and use the personal data that we need for our activities, in particular, in order to offer you personalised, high-quality products or services.
We may collect different types of personal data about you, including:
• contact details (e.g. surname, first name, telephone no., email, etc.);
• personal information (e.g. day and month of birthday (not compulsory, can be used for personalised birthday offers), nationality (allows us to send you emails in your language of communication and to send you personalised offers, etc.);
• information about your children (e.g. age, etc.); your credit card number (essential data used for transaction and booking only);
• your preferences and areas of interest in order to send you personalised offers;
• your questions/comments following your stay.
We also collect data from your computer, telephone, tablet or other device that you use to access our services. You can familiarise yourself with the rules concerning cookies in paragraph 9 “Managing your cookies”.
We do not wish to collect so-called “sensitive” information. In this respect, please do not communicate this type of information during your interactions with our services (information such as health data, racial or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, sexual orientation, etc.).
4. ON WHAT OCCASIONS IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
Personal data may be collected on various occasions, both via our online tools and during your contact with our services (letters, emails), including:
1. Booking stays in establishments in the Logis Hotels Group via the logishotels.com website or the Logis Hotels app:
• Booking a room;
• Making requests, complaints and/or disputes following a stay.
2. Participating in Logis Hotels Group marketing programmes or activities:
• Registering in the “Logis Hotels customer” database for the “ETIK” loyalty programme;
• Contributing to satisfaction surveys following stays in establishments in the Logis Hotels Group;
• Competitions organised by the Logis Hotels Group;
• Subscribing to newsletters, to receive offers and promotions by email.
3. Technical information:
• Your IP address;
• Information provided by the browser on the operating system and browser used;
• Cookies, refer to §;
5. HOW LONG WILL YOUR DATA BE KEPT?
Data is only kept for as long as strictly necessary:
• To fulfil orders;
• For legal and regulatory constraints, particularly with regard to litigation and dispute management;
• To provide personalised services.
Our general data retention policy for the website is as follows:
• Identity data: 3 years from the last date of visit to the website or access to customer services;
• Order data: 3 years from the order date;
• Bank details:
o In the case of bookings, transfers to the hotel and storage in the PCI system for a period of 7 days after the check-out date
• Prospect data: 3 years after the most recent expression of interest (such as clicking on a link in the newsletter);
• Cookies: a maximum of 13 months from the date they were deposited on your computer or device (see the specific §);
6. WHAT METHODS ARE USED TO ENSURE THE SECURITY OF YOUR DATA?
It is our responsibility to define and implement technical security measures, whether physical or software-based, in accordance with the applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data against unlawful or accidental destruction, accidental loss or alteration, or unauthorised disclosure or access.
To this end, we have set up technical measures (such as firewalls) and organisational measures (such as a login/password system, physical protection measures, etc.).
When you transmit your credit card information to us during a booking, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology is used to secure your transactions and a PCI-type information system is set up.
• DATA BREACH:
In the event of a breach of personal data, we undertake to notify the French National Commission on Informatics and Liberty (CNIL) under the conditions set forth by the European Regulations.
If the aforementioned breach poses a high risk to customers and contacts and the data has not been protected:
- We will promptly notify the customers and contacts concerned;
- We will provide the customers and contacts concerned with the necessary information and advice.
7. DATA TRANSFER
We do not transfer any data to third party companies for any reason other than the following:
- Provision of the services ordered: in order to provide you with the services you have booked, the data is transmitted to the relevant companies, namely:
o Establishments that offer their services on the logishotels.com website;
o Partners: Cancellation Insurance (Gritchen), Gift Vouchers (BuyBox) and any other related products sold on the logishotels.com website, either directly or as white-label products.
- Subcontracting: The Logis Hotels Group uses providers to run its website and provide you with the services and products offered, including
o IT outsourcing;
o Marketing services: Marketing follow-up, sending newsletters;
o Collection of customer feedback
For all these data transfers, the Logis Hotels Group makes absolutely sure to work only with trusted companies and to make its relationships with these companies secure (contracts, etc.).
Specific case for transfers outside the EU
The Logis Hotels Group’s policy is not to transfer data outside the European Union, except in the following cases:
• Microsoft Office 365 for office tools
• Salesforce Cloud marketing for the newsletter tool
• Google solution for marketing and advertising follow-up and website optimisation
For all data transfers outside the European Union, the Logis Hotels Group undertakes to be particularly vigilant and to ensure that they are performed in a context of maximum security (European Commission standard clauses).
8. EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
8.1 In accordance with the amended French Data Protection Act (“Informatique et Libertés”) of 6 January 1978 and the European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data, you have the right to access and correct information concerning you, as well as the right to object, the right to limit processing, to portability and to deletion within the framework permitted by the European Regulation and according to the context of the legal basis for processing.
It should be noted that exercising these rights is not absolute, and may be limited for reasons of legitimate interest (customer disputes) or legal reasons.
How can I exercise my rights?
You can exercise these rights by contacting the data protection officer at the following email address:
Individuals may exercise all these rights by sending a letter, together with proof of identity if verification is required, to:
Logis Hôtels, Direction juridique, 83 avenue d’Italie – 75013 PARIS
Individuals may, if they deem it necessary and after contacting us, file a complaint with the French National Commission on Informatics and Liberty (Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés).
The Logis Hotels Group has appointed a data protection officer, who you can contact at
8.2 In the context of its business, the Logis Hotels Group collects telephone data. Pursuant to the provisions of Article L.223-2 of the French Consumer Code, the Logis Hotels Group informs you that you can register on the list of objection to cold calling, which can be found at www.bloctel.gouv.fr, in order to stop receiving unsolicited business phone calls.
9. MANAGING YOUR COOKIES
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device when you visit a website. The cookie will help us recognise your device the next time you visit our website.
These are always active as they ensure the proper functioning of our website. These cookies allow us to make our website usable, to provide you with the services you have specifically requested, to make your bookings, to remember your login or cookie preferences, and to ensure the security of interactions and compliance with regulations.
Audience measurement cookies
These cookies collect information about how you use our website, such as which pages are visited most often. These cookies allow us to improve the functionality of our website through monitoring their use by compiling statistics.
These cookies allow us to offer you content and advertising that is tailored to your needs.
You can manage your cookies at any time by clicking on Cookie Settings in the footer of our website.
What cookies do we use on our website?
What about for social networks, how does it work then?
The logishotels.com website uses social network plug-ins, in particular Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. If you interact with these plug-ins (“Share”), information related to your browsing history and the operations you perform on the logishotels.com website will be transmitted to the relevant social network.
In addition, if you do not wish a social network with which you have an account to link the information collected while browsing on the logishotels.com website, you must log out of the social network in question before visiting the logishotels.com website.
In any case, the use of these plug-ins or of the data collected while browsing when the social network is enabled is exclusively governed by the general terms and conditions of the respective social networks. For this reason, you are asked to consult the personal data protection policies of these social networks in order to familiarise yourself with what information is collected and how it is used.