The Fédération Internationale des Logis (FIL), an association established pursuant to the 1901 Act, brings together around 2,000 independent hotels and restaurants in Europe.
FIL provides Logis services (website, loyalty programme, newsletters, etc.) to its individual and professional Logis customers, including an online booking centre on the website www.logishotels.com. This Booking Centre is managed by Logis International Services (LIS), a subsidiary of FIL.
In this context, FIL and LIS have decided to draft this charter in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations (EU Regulation 2016/79) in force since 25 May 2018.
The purpose of this Charter is to set out the policy for protecting the personal data of Logis customers. This charter is an integral part of the general terms and conditions governing Logis services. Also, by accepting our general terms and conditions, you expressly accept the provisions of this Charter.
- LOGIS’ COMMITMENT TO THE PROTECTION OF PRIVACY
We value your privacy.
By using Logis services, you place your trust in us, and we want to preserve it. To this end, we do everything in our power to protect and secure all the personal data you share with us. We act in the interest of our customers and are transparent about the processing of your personal data.
This document explains, in a clear and transparent way, how we use and process your personal data, so that you can easily understand our approach.
In addition, we will tell you how to contact us if you have any questions about your personal data, and we would be happy to clarify it for you.
By “personal data” we mean any information that directly or indirectly identifies a customer.
This may include personal data (surname, first name, address, email, date of birth, etc.) but also data used to determine customer profiles (family situation, hobbies, etc.).
Logis undertakes to respect six (6) fundamental principles of the aforementioned European Regulation, which constitute the main rules applicable to our processing of personal data:
1. Transparency: when collecting and processing your personal data, we will inform you of the purpose and recipients of your data.
- : we will collect and process your personal data only for the purposes described in this Charter.
- : we only collect the personal data needed to process the data. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we keep is accurate and up to date.
- : we will keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing the data in accordance with the requirements of the law.
- : you are able to access, modify, correct or delete your personal data.
You may also object to the use of your personal data, in particular, so that you do not receive any commercial prospecting. This means that you have the right to access and rectify information concerning you, as well as the right to object to, the right to limit processing and to delete it within the scope permitted by the European Regulation.
- : we will implement reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data from accidental or unlawful alteration or loss or unauthorised use, disclosure or access.
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA ARE COLLECTED?
We collect and use the personal data that we need in the context of our activities, in particular, in order to offer you personalised, high quality products or services.
We may collect different types of personal data about you, including:
We also collect data from your computer, telephone, tablet or other device that you use to access our services.
We do not deliberately collect so-called “sensitive” information, such as racial or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health details or sexual orientation.
- WHEN ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
Personal data may be collected on various occasions, including when:
- Booking stays in Logis establishments via the Logis Booking Centre:
- Participating in Logis marketing programmes or events:
- Using the Internet:
- WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES?
Depending on the case, we collect your personal data for the following purposes:
- Customer relationship management (in the context of booking stays via the Logis Booking Centre and, in particular, the management of any complaints following a stay);
- Commercial relationship management via marketing operations (newsletters, competitions, promotions, surveys, etc.);
4. Implementation of customer patronage statistics for Logis establishments as a whole (anonymised) as well as promotional offers (opt-in management);
5. Improvement of our services by conducting studies following the sending of satisfaction surveys;
- Management of requests to unsubscribe to newsletters, promotions, contests and satisfaction surveys;
- Storage of data concerning legal security obligations.
- CONDITIONS FOR ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA BY THIRD PARTIES
We may share your personal data with internal and external recipients under the following conditions:
- Internally, within FIL and LIS entities: in order to provide you with the best service, we may share your personal data and grant access to authorised staff,
- Externally, third-party service providers: we use service providers, who are not part of the Logis chain, to help us provide Logis services. These service providers provide the following support services, including:
- Management of the database of customers who have stayed in a Logis establishment;
- Management of the databases of customers that are members of the Logis loyalty programme;
- Management of customer databases for the satisfaction survey tool following a stay in a Logis establishment;
- Management of customer databases to send newsletters, promotions, etc.
- DATA SECURITY
It is our responsibility to define and implement technical security measures, physical or logical, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data against unlawful or accidental destruction, accidental loss or alteration, or unauthorised disclosure or access.
To this end, we have implemented technical measures (such as firewalls) and organisational measures (such as a login/password system, physical protection measures, etc.).
When you send us credit card information when you book, SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology is used to secure your transactions.
- DATA BREACH:
In the event of a breach of personal data, we undertake to notify the CNIL under the conditions set out in the European Regulation.
If the aforesaid breach poses a high risk to customers and contacts and the data has not been protected:
- We will promptly notify the customers and contacts concerned;
- We will provide the customers and contacts concerned with the necessary information and advice.
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING DEVICES
- DATA RETENTION
We retain your personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes set out in this Charter or as provided for by applicable law.
- ACCESS AND AMENDMENT
You have the right to access and modify your personal data subject to applicable legal provisions.
In order to ensure the confidentiality and protection of your personal data, we will need to identify you in order to respond to your request. To do this, you will be asked to attach a copy of an official identity document, such as a driver’s licence or passport, as support for your application. All requests will be processed as soon as possible and in accordance with applicable law.
We may amend this Charter from time to time. Therefore, we invite you to regularly consult this Charter which is accessible through a link on the www.logishotels.com website.
- QUESTIONS AND CONTACTS
For any other more general information on the protection of personal data, you can consult the CNIL’s website: www.cnil.fr